Monday, April 29, 2013

Exciting Moments In The Ministry

 

I can remember going once to a conference where the preacher was preaching about the passions and desires in our lives. His whole point centered on the fact that most believers are more excited about a ball game than they are the things of the Lord. As I sat and listened to him preach I can remember asking myself, what makes me excited? It is a good question for all of us to ask because it will reveal some inward priorities that we would never verbalize.

After thinking about what makes me excited, I concluded that at that point in my life it was investing my life in the juniors at our church. We had recently taken a trip with a group of Junior boys to my wife’s farm. The night before we left I had a hard time sleeping because I was so excited about the trip. (For pictures of that trip visit http://www.jasonandbeccamiller.blogspot.com/search/label/Jr.%20Church%20Trip)

You may be wondering what all that has to do with the ministry at Oregon Trail Baptist Church. In the last two weeks we have had opportunities and doors open up that had the same effect on me. We have had some new young families show up a church as well as several people who are seeking after the things of God. It has been exciting as Becca and I have been able to share the Gospel with those who are hungry for it.

Please pray for the Devil’s work of snatching seed to be hindered and that we would continue to see God working.

No comments: