Thursday, February 20, 2014

Just a quick thought from my quiet time this morning

Most believers profess that the chief and if man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever. However, when we try to practically work out our believe we tend to focus on improving ourselves in order that we may please God and make ourselves useful for God.  This is completely backwards!

As a child of God I am already accepted in the beloved and there is no need for me to try to earn my acceptance. My acceptance has already come to the blood of Jesus Christ. When focusing on my own self improvement I will constantly be discouraged, disheartened, and disgusted as I look at myself. However, when looking at Christ the very opposite is true.

Believing that my life is to bring glory to God and that I should enjoy Him forever should drive me to my knees on a daily basis consistently seeking God's mind in everything. This does not mean that there will be no improvement in my life, but rather my focus is on what the Lord desires in my life and not what I think will please the Lord. There is a vast difference between pleasing God and thinking you are pleasing God.

Is the presence of God smiling upon your life today?

No comments: