Saturday, May 21, 2011

The End of the World on May 21, 2011

               
We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites last night in Albert Lea, MN. We celebrated our second wedding anniversary by spending the evening relaxing. This morning at breakfast Harold Camping (Family Radio’s president) was on CNN discussing his judgment day prediction for May 21, 2011 (Today). I’m not sure if the interview was prerecorded but, CNN pointed out that Family radio brought in over 80 million dollars last year and 72 million dollars go to their operation costs. I kind of wonder where the other 8 million goes. I also find it interesting how when they advertise their need they make it sound like they are just getting enough support to pay the bills.
                It is so sad that so many people have been deceived by this false prophet. This has been his 3rd prediction and once again it didn’t happen. It does not matter that his prediction is wrong because he will find an explanation for his mistake and his followers will continue to be loyal to him.
                I had the opportunity while I was folding laundry overnight at Sleep Inn to listen to the book of Jeremiah. He had prophesied that destruction of was coming while the false prophets told the king that Israel would crush Babylon. I found it encouraging as I listened to Jeremiah that God said he was against the false prophets. Although Harold Camping with his Family Radio has a large following and their work appears to be flourishing, God’s hand is against their work and one day it will come to nothing. It is my job as a Bible believer not to start a campaign against Camping; however, it is my job to preach the truth and declare the Gospel to the ends of the Earth.
               

No comments: