Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Preaching like Tozer: 3 Ways He Broke the Mold

My Daily DevotionsWhenever someone asked my uncle what pie he liked best, he always responded with whatever pie he was eating at the time. I feel the same about Tozer’s work. When anybody asks me which Tozer book I like best, I always respond with the one I’m  working on at the time. Unlike works by any other writer I know, there’s something about a Tozer sermon or book that speaks straight to the heart.
People who know A. W. Tozer know him as a conference speaker, writer, and editor. At his heart, however, he was a true pastor. His best preaching was in his church, either Chicago or Toronto, and he truly had a pastor’s heart.
Here are three aspects of Tozer’s preaching that made him one of the greats: Read More

No comments: