Friday, May 23, 2014

Do I strengthen my brethren and sisters?

“We should ask ourselves, “Do I strengthen my brethren and sisters? do I lend them a helping hand when they are tried and afflicted and weak? When they are falling, do I seek to strengthen their hands in God?” Again, in the Epistle to the Thessalonians we read, “Edify one another even as also ye do.” Do we build up one another, and seek to encourage and lead on one another in the knowledge of Christ? How is it with us regarding these points? Is it true of us that we are not merely plants and trees, but fruit-bearing trees in the Lord’s Garden? Oh! beloved in Christ, is our life and walk day by day a sweet perfume to Christ? Just let us ask ourselves, and deal honestly with our souls this evening; and before we go away let us ask ourselves, as before God, the question, Is my life and my deportment a sweet savour unto Christ? Do I refresh the heart of my blessed Lord? Thus it might be,-—thus it ought to be, beloved in Christ.” http://ref.ly/o/jehvahmagnfd/249720 via the Logos Bible Android app.

No comments: