Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ministry Update

Funeral

On Saturday I preached for another funeral. This time it was someone I had never met and the family had asked me to talk about her. I did my best to take notes of what the family had to say about her and then I did my best. I preached from Philippians 4:8 and specifically the text, “Think on these things.” Ilene testimony was such that her family remembers her as someone who could always find the positive in someone else. I then made the connection to the Gospel by saying there is nothing more glorious and wonderful to think upon than what Christ did to pay for our sins.

Everything went well and I saw a lot of people there I knew that I wouldn’t have been able to preach to otherwise. Please pray for the family. They have lost many loved ones in the last year and many of them are struggling with their faith. With so much pain and suffering they need your prayers as well as mine.

Baptism

We are excited about our first baptism. Next Sunday we plan on doing a Baptismal service. We will be excited to write about it and tell you what took place.

No comments: