Thursday, February 21, 2013

Moses said unto the LORD, “I Think You Got the Wrong Guy”

Exodus 4:10

And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore,
nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
 
Inline image 1Does it ever catch you funny that after the Lord told Moses what to do Moses added qualifications to the task. Here Moses has been in the wilderness for 40 years and is now humble for God to use him but he doesn't think God can use him.
 
Don't we do the same thing. We scene the Lord leading us to share the gospel with someone or to do something that is out of our comfort zone and we make excuses.
 
Is there any excuse that is acceptable to God? If God is willing to enable you and wants to use you than the excuses we offer are nothing.
 
Paul tells us that God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. Although we know that to be true, when it comes time for the rubber to meet the road we think God will use someone smarter, more equipped, or better skilled than us.
 
Never tell God you can't and leave it at that. Instead say, "Lord I know that I can do nothing, but I can do all things through you. Please enable me to fulfill what you are calling me to and thank you for working in my life."


No comments: