Friday, June 14, 2013

Crucified With Christ

I was sitting upstairs reading Romans and I came to the words, “Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him....” Knowing this! How could I know it? I prayed, “Lord, open my eyes!” and then, in a flash, I saw. (Watchman Nee, on how he first realized he had been crucified with Christ.)


When God calls a man, he bids him come and die. (Dietrich Bonhoeffer, German Christian martyred by the Nazis.)

There came a day when George Mueller died, utterly died! No longer did his own desires, preferences, and tastes come first. He knew that from then on Christ must be all in all. (George Mueller, when asked the secret of his victorious Christian life.)


Robert J. Morgan, Nelson’s Annual Preacher’s Sourcebook, 2002 Edition (Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2001), 6.

No comments: