Thursday, April 7, 2011

Elizabeth's 1st Birthday

April 7th, 2011 Elizabeth's first Birthday

It is so amazing how fast a year goes by. It seems like yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital. I know that in what seems like just a few days she will be going to college and then leaving our home. For now she is with us and we love her so much.

She had a good birthday party. When it came to the cake she wasn't so sure about it. She didn't dig into it very much. Grandma and Grandpa gave her a riding toy that she played with until late last night. This morning she went right to the toy and began to climb on it an start pushing its buttons.

As I watched Elizabeth on her toy I thought about how easy it is to make her happy. I then began to think about how easy it is for God to please us with simple things like money, health, houses and so much more. It is so easy to be satisfied with the gifts that God gives instead of being satisfied with the giver. Oh, how short sighted and vain it is to live this way and yet I find that is my own tendency. Lord, today let me be content with you and not just your gifts.

I hope you find this encouraging.



Please enjoy these photos

Riding around the yard with Mom and Dad

JoAnn and Shelly came to visit

Grandpa gives me a silly hat to wear in the yard 

I love helping Mommy scrapbook!!

I'm not so sure about this cake business

Thanks for the Birthday Cake!

Uncle Jared gave me whip cream.... Mmmmm...

 Uncle Jared also helped me open my presents!

Daddy pushed me on my new toy!

 I like to play with the colorful balloons!



No comments: